Robinson Young Limited is a Broker and Distributor of a wide range of non-food products used throughout the home and by businesses.
We do not manufacture any of the products that we sell and distribute but we do recognise that to a greater or lesser extent, every organisation has some impact upon the environment, and we are committed to a policy of continuous improvement in the way in which we manage our environmental responsibilities.
Furthermore we fully understand that whilst we are not the manufacturer of any of the products in our portfolio, we do have a joint responsibility with our Manufacturing Partners and with our other Partners throughout the Supply Chain, right through to the final consumer of our products, to minimise the environmental impact of our business operations.
Central to our policy are the following objectives:
- Monitor the effects of our directly-controlled activities and seek to minimise any adverse impact upon our environment.
- Communicate our environmental objectives, goals and performance both within the company, to promote individual good practice and to ensure that staff awareness of environmental issues is maintained and outside of our business to our Supply Chain Partners and beyond.
- Monitor the effects of the activities of our Customers, Suppliers and other Supply Chain Partners and both advise and work together with those Partners to minimise any adverse impact upon our environment.
- Wherever possible and feasible so to do, give preference to environmentally aware and proficient suppliers.
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and wherever possible integrate recognised environmental management best practice into all of our business operations.
- Minimise waste and ensure that there is effective control, which promotes recycling where possible and provides responsible disposal, particularly with regard to hazardous wastes.
- Promote environmentally responsible policies and give due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in all our commercial activities, including purchasing and investment decisions.
- Use energy supplies efficiently and to reduce the impact of our transport operations by the use of shared loads and backhauling distribution systems.
- To encourage our employees to consider environmental responsibilities and to integrate these considerations into relevant business operations.
- Comply with current legislation, and beyond this to adopt a best-practice approach to our environmental management policies.